We have learned that a questionnaire has been sent out to the bishops by Cardinal Ladaria of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith , who is anxious to be informed as to the current application of the aforementioned document. There is some concern among Catholics that the Extraordinary Pope will be withdrawn, and we shall be left with the Ordinary Pope ("Emergency Pope" Benedict).
The Extraordinary Pope is sometimes badly attended.
Here are the questions being asked about the Extraordinary Pope:
1. Does the Extraordinary Pope satisfy a true pastoral need, or is he just promoted by a single priest?
2. In your opinion, are there positive and negative aspects of the use of the Extraordinary Pope?
3. Are the new doctrines established by the Extraordinary Pope generally respected? Please be polite.
4. Has your diocese adopted the customs and habits of the Extraordinary Pope? Was anyone arrested?
5. Which of the following EP documents have you read: Laudato Si', The Maltese Takeover, Amoris Laetitia, Scooby Dubia Dubia, Gaudete et Exsultate, Querida Amazonia, Pachamama for Beginners, Mother Earth Throws a Tantrum.
The Extraordinary Pope uses artifacts not seen in other forms of Catholic worship.
Obviously this issue is of great concern to all Catholics, and it is being seen as the first step in withdrawing the Extraordinary Pope entirely. We will keep you posted.