This is me, Eccles

This is me, Eccles
This is me, Eccles

Monday 20 October 2014

Ecclesol: a cure for memory loss in bishops

Does your bishop forget things, and make a fool of himself as a result? It can be embarrassing, can't it? Well, thanks to the new Ecclesol memory tonic, we have managed to help several bishops avoid potentially embarrassing situations. Here are some testimonials from our delighted customers!

Mr Forgetful

A bishop.

Cardinal V.N. of W. is a typical case. His amnesia was so bad that, when interviewed on the radio the day after the Extraordinary Synod closed, he had forgotten how he had voted on the clause about homosexuals - arguably the most contentious vote of all. Now, after a dose of Ecclesol he says, "I do remember now... but I'm not going to tell you!"

Bishop's move

"My forgetfulness led to my losing my house!" says K.C. of A. and B.

As Bishop K.C. knew only too well "It is best to be off with the old love, Before you are on with the new," (St Paul's epistle to the Arundelians). But sometimes the excitement of a new love makes you forget the old one entirely! Or even to forget that you are a supposedly celibate bishop! Says K. "I wish I'd taken my Ecclesol!"

kicking Michael Campbell

Bishop M.C. of L. gets a friendly reminder.

Some time ago Bishop M.C. of L. asked one of his blogging deacons to pause all posting on his blog so as to "allow for a period of prayer and reflection". Of course, what he had in mind was something like 40 Days and 40 Nights, the usual period for such activities. But then, seven months later, M. suddenly realised his error. "I forgot to tell him he could start again! From now on I'm taking Ecclesol memory tonic, to avoid a repeat of this blunder!"

a bunch of bishops

Ecclesol, we love you!

3 comments:

  1. I was about to write something about episcopal memory loss but I can't remember what it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bishops in the group photo seem to all be members of the Church of England. Standing firm together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could Ed Miliband be made a bishop? After all he forgot to mention IMMIGRATION or the DEFICIT in his Labour Conference Speech.

    ReplyDelete