This is me, Eccles

This is me, Eccles
This is me, Eccles

Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Telegraphies

The Telegraphies

Who can resist the jolly antics of the Telegraphies - Molly, Micky, Marky and Pau? With their silly catch-phrases and their crazy games, they have become an instant hit on the Telegraph blogs.

* We giggle as Molly, the senile one, thinks up more revolting insults than ever before. We chuckle as she tells us about her tolerance for all religions except orthodox Catholicism. We fall asleep as she tells us anecdotes about her "rels". Molly's the one who drinks all the hair-restorer.

* We smile as little Micky, the one who may be male or female (or something in between), pastes dozens of links to anti-Catholic articles on dodgy websites and says "ROFL" whenever challenged to debate an issue seriously. Weep with Micky when she (or perhaps he) tells you how dreadfully unfair life is. Micky's the one whose only friend is a llama.

* Then there's Marky, the intellectual of the group, who has read Dawkins and Einstein, and thinks they are theologians. However, Marky really prefers to curl up with a good story about child abuse.

* Finally there's creepy old Pau, the "gay icon," who trawls the internet, looking for information about his victims. Pau likes religion, but not the serious bits.

And now Damian Thompson says "Bye-bye."

Damian Thompson

10 comments:

  1. "… has read Dawkins and Einstein …"

    I assume you mean "… has read about Dawkins and Einstein …"; i.e. he's come across the names.

    Of course, that would still make him the intellectual of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I say "read" I means "colloured in de pitchers wiv a crayon."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the funny side of this game, Eccles. You're the only one who does it well, and you had the commonsense to remain anonymous. Rabit is taking a well-earned break from it all. I simply don't think it matters any more, and when you start thinking that, it's time to chuck the puppets in a box and do something else with the wasted time. It's good you is savd, because that means you cannot be done for libel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Mr. R. My little blogging career was over before it began as, despite their saying it would be OK, my fellow bloggers on the site decided defending Catholicism wasn't what they had in mind! You've certainly earned a rest, my white knight. Those people aren't worthy of your steel anyway.

      Eccles is, as you say, wonderful - a comic genuis as they say - xx Jess

      Delete
    2. I hopes dat de rabit will be back soon. He is grate at de humerus side of bloggin.

      Delete
    3. I hopes so too, he's a bit of a hero of mine (blush). I took yore advice, darling eccles, and I have put back two of my blog posts on my own blog! It is here if you wishes to share it wiv our friends
      http://jessicahof.wordpress.com/
      xx Jess

      Delete
    4. Dat's great, Jessicca, I has told de "click" dat you has a new blogg.

      Delete
    5. Fanks Eccles - I am afraid the pretty lady you found on Twits ain't me - I am not that exotic (:

      So nice of people to pop in and be encouraging - it is you I have to thank - you darling you xx Jess

      Delete
    6. Nope, de uvver Jessicca seems to be Brazzilian. Enjoyin your blogg, anyway.

      Delete
    7. Thanx, darling eccles. Your encouragement, and that of the gallant click is so nice. No, I ain't, in any sense, Brazilian xx Jess

      Delete