This is me, Eccles

This is me, Eccles
This is me, Eccles

Thursday 3 January 2013

Genome Style Rap

For those who aren't familiar with rapping, the idea is to take a repetitive and rather trivial lyric and recite it to an even more repetitive and dull beat. An example which springs to mind is:
Lord, the light of your love is shining,
In the midst of the darkness, shining.
Jesus, light of the world, shine upon us,
Set us free by the truth you now bring us.
Got that? Then let's start, kiddos!

Dawkins Gangnam

We're doing a rap in da Genome Style,
We're saying all Catholics are vile!

I left New College, and I went back home,
I wrote a book attacking Rome -
Now I'm dashing off another tome - 
Yo! Dudes, I'm called da Selfish Gene-Gnome!

Selfish gene! My pen is scribbling!
Selfish gene! My mouth is dribbling!

Dawkins Gangnam

Now stretch those arms to left and right,
We're gonna be rappin all da night!

I was getting tired of biology,
So I thought I'd switch to theology -
I confused it with mythology -
But you aint gettin no apology.

We got Genome Style! I keep on screaming!
We got Genome Style! My head is steaming!

Dawkins Gangnam

When you're getting old, just a little se-nile,
You gotta sit down to do da Genome Style!

As I was rapping round da Quad,
I thought of something rather odd -
I said "There prob'ly aint no God."
They told me: "You're a silly sod!"

Selfish gene! God's a delusion!
Selfish gene! That's my conclusion!
Dawkins Gangnam

Tell your kids of Christ, that's child abuse.
Teach them Genome Style, that's much more use!

Then for many years I lived in hope,
Dat I was gonna arrest da Pope
And tie him up with a big big rope,
But dey all said "Dawkins is such a dope!"

Genome Style! Oh I'm misbehaving!
Genome Style! Don't tell me I'm raving!

Genome Style!

5 comments:

  1. If you know anyone who was rapped by Dawkins, please contact the police on the special BBC and Guardian victims' helpline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dat Dawkins, he does continuous rap - often abbreviated to c-rap xx Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were just talking on my Facebook page about where the word "meme" originated. Apparently, it was from this Dawkins book. Am I bad for preferring to read almost anything else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, inventin de word "meme" is probabbly de only fing he'll be remembered for in 50 years from now. And de word is so over-used dat it don't mean much more dan "trend."

      Delete
  4. Tfanks guys. Now dat I know who inbented meme I know who to kiwll. Awh.. just kiddin guys. I meme who ta waap.

    ReplyDelete