Wrong again, bishop. On to the next question?
1. Today is All Souls Day. How will you mark it? (a) EF Missa Cantata with music from Cherubini's Requiem. (b) NO Clown Mass with liturgically correct purple custard down the trousers. (c) I'll be practising my liturgical dancing.
At least it solves the problem of overweight bishops.
2. What is your attitude to popes? (a) Respect for his office, and loyalty to the Magisterium. (b) All popes from Peter to Benedict were terrible, but Francis brings a new dawn. The Tablet says so. (c) Best ignored. What I say in my diocese goes.
St Linus, as a child. Later, a typical traddy pope.
3. A hard-working highly-respected blogging priest in your diocese is grossly misrepresented by a third-rate local newspaper. How do you react? (a) Instantly apologise for what he said, although you haven't read it. (b) Turn up to help at his soup kitchen as a sign that you support him. (c) Ignore the whole thing. It's his problem, not yours.
Could I have some more gruel, please, Bishop?
4. The churches in your diocese serve as: (a) An unrivalled opportunity for commercial redevelopment. (b) Centres at which the faithful can meet for worship. (c) Good places at which to pick up a copy of the Tablet.
Perhaps the Church needs to issue Clubcards as well.
5. Which of the following Catholic organizations do you support? (a) ACTA, Gay Pride, Quest. (b) The Calvary Chapel, the Orange Order, the Wee Frees. (c) None of the above.
Which bishop is behind the mask?
6. When you send your bishop's letter out, what happens to it? (a) The priest reads it out in a silly voice, rolling his eyes. (b) It is listened to with the respect due to a wise leader. (c) I send it out on DVD, together with a video about planned church closures.
Sometimes, reading out the letter is delegated to a more appropriate person.
7. What is your attitude to the sacrament of Confession? (a) It's OK to make up any old rubbish. (b) It is essential for Catholics to be absolved from their sins and to receive God's grace. (c) We don't really believe in sins these days, so I have cancelled it.
This confessional is no longer in use.
8. What comments do you hear when you sit in your Cathedra? (a) The bishop's here - now I know what a crook looks like. (b) I can't wait for us to be Sede Vacante again. (c) None at all (a trick question - you're not supposed to chat in church).
Bishops and crooks have always gone together.
9. What are your views on the ordination of women? (a) The new pope's not paying too much attention, so I've already slipped in half a dozen under his guard. (b) It is impossible. (c) My call is a fact, but some Pope in a hat, Closed discussion on that, and now he's in my way.
Anglican, I think, but never mind.
10. Which is your favourite hymn? (a) Shine, Jesus, shine. (b) Alleluia Ch-Ch. (c) Salve Regina.
Paul Inwood (L) explains how to sing the "Salve Regina Ch-Ch".