This is me, Eccles

This is me, Eccles
This is me, Eccles

Friday 5 January 2024

The twelve days of Christmas

I started this song 3 years ago, got up to verse 5, and then gave up. Now, being totally lacking in shame, I have decided to complete it.

On the first day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Bishop Barron

...a bishop in a pear tree.

On the second day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Two rotten books

...two turkeys' books, ...

On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Nuns on the bus

...three old hens, ...

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Four cardinals

...four cardinals, ...

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Pope baffled

...five Dubia, ...

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Six Jesuits

...six priests a-preying, ...

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Synodal table

...seven Synners Synning, ...

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

 Friends of Austen Ivereigh

...eight clowns a-circling, ...

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Arthur Roche a la Warhol

...nine Roches raging, ...

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Pachamamas

...ten Pachamamas, ...

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Swiss guards

...eleven guards a-guarding, ...

Finally, on the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

Twelve papal non-lookalikes

...twelve popes a-poping, ...

6 comments:

  1. Two honest questions:

    What will Austen Iver..something do when Pope Francis is no longer around?

    And to avoid actually giving me heresy, what are "nuns on a bus"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A political group who oppose a lot of Catholic teaching (e.g. on abortion).
      https://www.ncregister.com/blog/sister-simone-campbell-throws-pope-s-pro-life-teachings-under-the-bus

      Delete
    2. Eccles, a Happy New Year, and many thanks for 'accompanying' us through the old one with your usual 'discernment'...

      Delete
  2. I hope your pastoral praxis is being enriched, bruvver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant as usual

    ReplyDelete