- Jolly Uncle Arthur Roche.
- Prof. Faggioli's book on two entirely unrelated subjects - Joe Biden and Catholicism.
- The historic meeting between Little Amal (L) and Big Vin (R) in Westminster Cathedral.
- Wilton Gregory, keen Democrat activist and now a cardinal.
- The modern socially-distanced way of spraying holy water - with a water-pistol.
- We address the deep theological question: "Mary, did you know?" Sing along with me, please.
- Cardinal Becciu is here to give you advice on your investments.
- Ask any Catholic and he will tell you that the biggest problem in the world is the lack of synods. This is now being rectified!
- It's Thomas "Don't let young people attend the Latin Mass" Reese. SJ of course.
- We honour the police who have so often prevented us from celebrating Mass.
- Bishop Barron is here to reassure us that we shall all be playing guitars in Heaven.
- We celebrate the wedding of Boris Johnson, who after 56 years suddenly realised that he was a Catholic.
- A German "earth altar". Nobody knows why.
- This happy couple needs no introduction!
- Another iconic couple greets us. It's LGBTQ-activist Fr James Martin SJ and his friend David Haas, a top composer of liturgical music!
- I don't know whether to catalogue this book as "horror" or "comic".
- We are greeted by two of New York's finest Catholics.
- We offer some essential supplies to help us restore the "sign of peace" as soon as possible. These may be a bit difficult to read. They say:
- Green: Okay with hugs and high-fives.
- Orange: Okay with talking but not touching.
- Red: Hi! I'm keeping my distance. [Personally, I always go for the red option.]
- We see this year's Vatican nativity scene. No spacemen, unfortunately, but we do have a visitor from the Amazon at the manger.
- It's Austen Ivereigh! He knows if you've been bad or good, and will tell your bishop if he thinks you're bad!
- Archbishop Vincenzo Paglia of the Pontifical Academy for Life is your man, whether you want homoerotic murals or a tolerant attitude to abortion!
- Our celebrations would not be complete without Pachamama, seen here just before she went for a swim in the Tiber.
- We said farewell to Hans Küng this year.
- Sister Jeannine Gramick LGBT of New Ways Ministry. Condemned by the CDF but (mercifully) praised by Pope Francis.
- This last scene may bring you joy.
This is me, Eccles
Monday, 27 December 2021
The 2021 Advent Calendar
Well, there were a few changes from last year's Advent Calendar (all that's best in contemporary Catholicism).